Warning: Contains material some readers may find offensive.
Through a Tarot Lens
I am the girl next door... who reads tarot!
Exploring the 78 cards of tarot through the lens of life experiences, plus the perspectives and opinions of a professional tarot reader and witch.
A Tarot Deck for Everyone
This article originally appeared at www.tarotbyhilary.com.
I firmly believe that there is a tarot deck out there for everyone. I realized this as I was looking down at my Joie de Vivre deck and wondering, “What kind of person would choose this deck?” Someone that is fun-loving and appreciative of the whimsy in life.
I’ve said before that when choosing a tarot deck for yourself, you must choose something that you really like the art on, otherwise you won’t build a strong connection with your deck. No strong connection, and you won’t have the mind-blowing experience of a truly accurate and catered tarot reading. I would liken it to the selection process of a wand in the Harry Potter universe… sometimes it truly is the deck that picks the wizard, and not the other way around!
So, how do you choose a tarot deck, or how do you know if a tarot deck is choosing you?
Choosing a Tarot Deck
- Does the imagery appeal to you?
- Do the Major Arcana cards “speak” to you in a symbolic language or theme you personally resonate with or understand?
- Do certain cards in a deck appeal to you?
- Do the Minor Arcana cards have a storyline running through each suit you can understand and follow from Ace to King?
When the Tarot Deck Is Choosing You
- Watch out for the synchronicity of clusters of “threes”: if you keep hearing about a certain deck, from different spaces and places, it may be a signal that deck wants to work with you.
- Someone hands you a deck… literally. I’ve heard of quite a few readers that have had their first tarot deck plopped in their lap!
Image courtesy of marin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Has a tarot deck “called” out to you? Have you been drawn to one deck, and how? Share your experiences in the Comments section below.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments